Pages

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Maths

                                               

This week my maths group has been doing problem solving. Our topic for problem solving were hot dogs and hot dog buns. We watched a video of a man buying some hot dogs and hot dog buns. He wanted to buy a packet of 8 hot dogs and a packet of 8 hot dog buns to feed 8 people, but the problem was there were only hot dog bun packets of 12 and 16. So the man started tearing the packets of hot dog buns and took 8 buns out of the packet of 12. Later after the video, we started solving the man's problem. Our teacher Ms Naicker gave us the same problem but with different numbers to work on. For example, I have to feed 108 people. I can only use hot dog packs of 4, 3, 8 and 6 and hot dog bun packs of 12, 8, 6, and 16. Eventually I solved the problem. One way I used 9 packs of 12 hot dog buns to make 108 hit dog buns and they brought 10 packs of 4 hot dogs, 10 packs of 6 hot dogs, and 1 pack of 8 hot dogs to make 108 hot dogs. My strategy was approved by my teacher, Ms Naicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment