Pages

Friday 16 September 2016

My Porquoi Story







Today I have finally finished my porqoui story. What is a porqoui story you ask? Well, porqoui means 'why' in French, so basically it's a story that tells why or how something has happened. Still don't know? Think about cultural legends that people tell, like Maui and the Sun. That is a porqoui story because it tells how Maui slowed the sun so that we now have time in the day to do  all our stuff. Anyway, this made up porqoui story I wrote was about how Kailao came to Tonga. A week later my teacher told us to work with a critical friend (my critical friend was Mia). On the sides of my story she made comments of where my mistakes were in my writing. I eventually fixed them, and later read her story. An acronym that helped us was DRAFT (Delete, Rearrange, Add, Fix, and Talk). DRAFT (as shown above) helps us proof read ours and other peoples work. The reason why I chose to write about how Kailao came to life was because two ago it was Tongan language week, so this was a way of acknowledging that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment